Dear SAIBD Member,
Please note that we are aware of the ongoing challenges faced at municipalities.
SAIBD has engaged with the following Voluntary Associations :
We have formed the Voluntary AssociationCollaboration (VA Collab) to specifically address the challenges being faced by the profession and our members. The type of issues being faced with regard to municipal challenges is being experienced by all VA’s and across all categories of registration.
Some of the work already undertaken include :
1. Formal Meetings with the Municipality
2. Correspondences with the Municipality
3. Formally written to the Municipality
4. Engagement with SACAP
5. Formally written to SACAP requesting their assistance and advice
6. Engaged with the Municipality ombudsman
7. Formally written to the Premier of KwaZulu-Natal
We are looking to host an online discussion (TBC) where the role-players and stakeholders can discuss
The correspondence to the premier was issued last week, and we a wait a response.
We welcome any constructive suggestions as to how we collectively address this issue.
Copies of the above can be made available on request
The VA Collab will continue to make this issue a priority for resolution.