- This event has passed.
UNDERSTANDING LIGHT, VENTILATION, COLOUR AND SOUND – BY CORRESPONDENCE Presenter: Joost Hogewoning
Jul 22 @ 8:00 am - Aug 5 @ 8:00 amR960.00
ATTENTION All PROFESSIONALS!!!
SAIBD is hosting an online via correspondence workshop. Please see below for details.
- The science, psychology and application of light in design: definitions and physics of light, psychological effects of light, natural light supplement, properties of artificial light, types of windows and placing, illumination in various settings, filtering and reflection, planning light fittings.
- Ventilation: principles of natural and artificial ventilation, venturi systems, natural air-conditioning.
- Colour: scientific parameters of colour, psychological effects of colour, cultural influence on colour, general guidelines, infrared and ultraviolet light.
- Sound: properties of sound, acoustics, noise pollution and sound reduction, white noise, noise barriers, sound insulation.
Venue : ONLINE VIA CORRESPONDENCE
Duration: TO BE COMPLETED WITHIN 14DAYS
Registration and payment: on or before 15 July 2021
Starting date: 22 July 2021
Closing date for submission of course: 05 August 2021
Click for compulsory registration: https://forms.gle/MfCinFcNnaB77qXz6
Objective : The aim of this CPD event is to equip designers with a basic understanding of the properties and principles of light, ventilation, colour and sound, which principles are not often taught, but are of special value to the designer. Although it is basic in approach, it could serve as a refresher for those designers with higher formal training as well. The CPD will also give a better understanding of Part O of SANS 10400, but it is not aimed at applying Part O as such.
This CPD will touch on SANS 10137 and includes other relevant document handouts as well.
Cost of workshop
R960, non SAIBD members
R840, SAIBD members (fully paid up members only)
Cancellation/refunds will only be accepted a week prior to the set date. Should no cancellation be received within this period, no refunds will be made for non-attendance
CPD Category: category 1, CPD Credits: 1,2
Course validation: South African Institute of Building Design
Important to Note:
- Cancellation/refunds will only be accepted a week prior to the set date. Should notification of cancellation not be received within this period, refunds will not be issued due to non-attendance
- Refunds for non-completion of the course, once commenced, is not allowed
- Certificates of attendance will be issued 14 days after the event. Should you not receive a copy of your certificate after the 14 days, kindly email our office.
- Requests for certificates for courses completed in previous years will incur a cost of R100,00 per certificate
Banking details/ booking details or other important information
SAIBD, Standard Bank
Acc. no: 051 406 500
Branch code : 042 826
(Please use “132021” and your full name as reference)
- Rehana Gaffar
- 031 202 4726
- View Organizer Website
- VIA CORRESPONDENCE
- ONLINE + Google Map