- This event has passed.
ESCAPE ROUTE in terms of the NBR & SANS 10400T – Presenter Videsh Boodu
Aug 18 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pmR430.00
*ATTENTION All SACAP Professionals, SAIBD is hosting an online workshop. Please see below.
To develop the professionals understanding of the health and safety risks as identified in the National Building Regulation T1(1)(a) “the protection of occupants or users, including persons with disabilities, therein is ensured and that provision is made for the safe evacuation of such occupants or users”.
The takeaways for the delegates would be having the tools to mitigate the identified risks. These risks include, but are not limited to Length of Escape Routes, Emergency Routes, Feeder Routes, Ramps and Stairs, and Provision for persons with Disabilities.
The identified risks and possible solutions have implications on the building’s costing, positioning, footprint, massing and scale.
Venue : ONLINE – a maximum of 50 people per session
Dates of Workshop:
- Wednesday, 18 August 2021 Registration closes: Friday, 13 August 2021
- Time: 12:00 – 16:00
- Compulsory registration: https://forms.gle/WmaAvTAfFTTGFVKDA
Late registrations will lead to the delegate being signed up for the next workshop. No late registrations will be accepted for the last workshop.
The delegates will be able to apply the knowledge gained to solve problems via the “Deemed to Satisfy Rules” related to:
- Provision of Escape Routes
- Persons With Disabilities
- Locking Devices / Gates and Exit Doors
- Feeder Routes, Emergency Routes and Basement Routes
- Escape Route dimensions (incl. widths and lengths)
- Ramps and Stairs
- Ventilation of Stairways
- Openings In Floors
- External Stairways and Passages
- Lobbies, Foyers And Vestibules
Cost of workshop
IMPORTANT NOTE: Payment reference needs to be correct as per the description prescribed. SAIBD cannot be held responsible for incorrect reference numbers used on payment.
R 430-00 SAIBD non-members
R 360-00 SAIBD members (fully paid up members only)
NOTE: Cancellations/refunds will only be accepted a week prior to the set date. Should no cancellation be received within this period, no refunds will be made for non-attendance
CPD Category: 1, CPD Credits: 0.5
Course validation: South African Institute of Building Design
Important to Note :
- Refunds for non-completion of the course, once commenced, is not allowed
- Certificates of attendance will be issued 14 days after the event. Should you not receive a copy of your certificate after the 14 days, kindly email our office.
- Requests for certificates for courses completed in previous years will incur a cost of R100,00 per certificate.
Banking details/ booking details or other important information
SAIBD, Standard Bank
Acc. no: 051 406 500
Branch code : 042 826
(Please use “202021” and your full name as reference