BEYOND PART L: More about roofs
Sep 2, 2021 @ 8:30 am - Sep 16, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
– BY CORRESPONDENCE
Presenter: Joost Hogewoning
Course information (Content/Overview)
The CPD is presented in the following 7 modules:
- Overview: Standard shapes of roofs. Different trusses. Industrial roofs. Steel sections in roofs. Anchoring of steel trusses.
- Structural design elements: Wind forces and dynamics. Hail implications. Condensation. Negative moments on members.
- Attics, dormers and roof lights: Different types. Dimension limitations. Fenestration.
- Roof coverings: Types. Truss spacing. Tile fixing. Polycarbonate sheeting. Green roofs. Historical case study.
- Ceilings and ventilators: Types of ceilings and insulation (XA). Types of roof ventilators.
- Rainwater: Gutters and downpipes. Calculations. Parapets and waterproofing. Rainwater harvesting.
- Thatched roofs: (SANS 10407) Thatching details and requirements. Gum pole roof structures. Fire protection.
Venue : ONLINE VIA CORRESPONDENCE
Duration: TO BE COMPLETED WITHIN 14 DAYS
Registration and payment on or before: 26 August 2021
**NO LATE REGISTRATIONS
Starting Date: Thursday, 02 September 2021
Closing date for submission of course: Thursday, 16 September 2021
Click for compulsory registration: https://forms.gle/ZNXCmGufp7jDgC7k8
Cost of workshop
R960, non SAIBD members
R840, SAIBD members (fully paid up members only)
CPD Category: category 1
CPD Credits: 1.5
Course validation: SAIBD
- Cancellation/refunds will only be accepted a week prior to the set date. Should notification of cancellation not be received within this period, refunds will not be issued due to non-attendance
- Refunds for non-completion of the course, once commenced, is not allowed
- certificates of attendance will be issued 14 days after the event. Should you not receive a copy of your certificate after the 14 days, kindly email our office.
- requests for certificates for courses completed in previous years will incur a cost of R100,00 per certificate
Contact person for course information and bookings: Rehana Gaffar
Tel :031 202 4726
Fax: 086 428 1056
Email address: email@example.com
details/ booking details or other important information
SAIBD, Standard Bank
Acc. no: 051 406 500
Branch code : 042 826
(Please use your “212021 NAME & SURNAME” as reference)